Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Things I Need To Say

I can't say "I don't know"
Because that is a little girl's answer
I can't ask to use the restroom
Because I should have gone at lunch
I can't say my dog ate my homework
Because that's the oldest lie in the book
Even though that little rascal made his way in my bag last night
I can't say I need help
Because I should have been paying attention
Even though I can't stop worrying if she will get better
I can't ask for extra time
Because they give me enough time
Even though I'm drowning in all the other work I need to do
I wish I could admit how much I'm struggling
Because trying this hard to keep up is embarrassing
I wish I could ask for after school tutoring just
Because I really really don't wanna go home
I wish I could say a lot to my teacher
Because I need to say something to someone
And my educators, my heroes in the classroom
Should be those people
The shit I can't say to my teachers
Are the things I need to say the most

No comments:

Post a Comment