Thursday, August 20, 2020

Storm Warning

this year has proven to test me in many ways:
dealing with a disruption,
challenging my ideas of self worth,
facing loneliness,
dealing with my drowning anxiety,
and just when I thought that was all starting to quiet down and
I got past the disruption,
gained a new self worth,
embraced my loneliness
and calmed my anxiety,
the storm hit and tore me back down in just one day.
I am struggling to find balance between 
the desire to not be rude 
and my overwhelming need for space.
a flash flood tore through my safe space today
I am flooded with stress,
uneasiness in my own home,
fear for the future
and an inability to breathe without a distraction.
I desperately want to escape this home that we built in the last 3 years.
I want to run
but a global pandemic is keeping me stifled inside.
please let me leave!

this is a test —
to prove to myself that all I have gained in the last 4 months
is worth keeping and practicing
and I am so worried I can’t do it.
I do not want to break down again.
I wish this feeling of drowning just stopped existing;
I have never been a strong swimmer
and I am afraid it will beat me...

one night tragically unraveled me —
I am disrupted again,
my self worth is diminishing,
I’m afraid to be alone
and I am drowning in an anxiety
that I am terrified won’t ever let me surface.

6 comments:

  1. You are loved! And you are strong!
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support and kind words!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are weathering the storm. I'm sorry that it has been so long since I have checked in and I hope the clouds clear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is so powerful and very beautifully worded. It paints an image in my mind of exactly how you are feeling and it is very relatable. I just hope you know you are not alone in this struggle or in this journey. I believe in you and I know things will get better. Thank you for sharing these strong and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete